When the days start warming, and the sun begins to shine a little bit brighter, it’s like someone flips a switch. You’ll go from being curled up under your covers, relaxing during a cold winter day to scrambling around your home and getting things tidied up in time for spring.
Deep cleaning is a long and elaborate process that may take up a lot of your time. Here are a few tips that could help you breeze through all that cleaning faster and more efficiently.
1. Work from Top to Bottom
This is something you should be doing for every room. Once you start dusting your ceilings, cleaning your windows, and wiping down all the surfaces in the room, most of the stuff you get from those areas will probably end up on the floor. Save yourself time and effort by working your way down the room until everything is spotless.
2. Declutter Your Things
You may feel attached to those tickets you kept from your favorite movie or that one top you got months ago but haven’t worn since. Still, if you don’t see yourself using it within the next few months, or if you just can’t find a better place to put it, then it’s probably time to get rid of it.
3. Get Some Help
Whether your home is big or small, it’s always faster to work with your family or friends. Delegate tasks or assign people to work on certain rooms. This ensures productivity in every area of your house and gets everything done way faster.
4. Clean Anything and Everything
Since you’re already cleaning out your home, you might as well do a good job at it. Make sure you’re reaching every single corner and crevice to clean it out. By the time you’re done, your home is guaranteed to feel brand new. There are some places that are neglected when it comes to cleaning. Make sure you don’t forget these areas:
- Mattress: You’ll surely replace your bed sheets and pillowcases, but make sure to vacuum and flip your mattress. You deserve a comfy place to lay on after all that cleaning.
- Under and behind everything: Out of sight out of mind should not be your mindset here. Clean every single place you can reach.
- House plants: Whether they are fake or real, it’s time to give your indoor plants some love by keeping them dust-free.
- Remote controls, light switches, and doorknobs: As some of the most touched items in your home, these items can become a hotspot for germs and bacteria. Make sure to disinfect them thoroughly.
- Chimney: Things could get dangerous if the creosote build-up in your chimney goes unnoticed. You’ll have to seek help from a professional for this one, but that’s ten times better than having to deal with any house fires or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Start Your Spring Cleaning Today!
By the time you finish tidying up, your home will be a clean and comfortable haven. Spring cleaning gets us all to be productive and motivated, but don’t forget to keep things looking good all year round. After all, a clean home is a happy home!